SMACK & SnL Parent Club Member
The Parent Club provides a two-way bridge of communication, encouragement, and support between parents and youth leaders as we work together to help the students of our congregation grow into spiritually healthy adults.
The Parent Club exists to promote effective communication between the youth ministry staff and the parents of teenagers in SMACK and SnL.
* To provide support to the people and programs serving the youth of our community.
Members of the Parent Club should have at least one child actively involved in the youth ministry of our church. They should exhibit genuine concern for the overall youth ministry of the church and for the diverse community of students whom we serve.
Members will be invited to serve on the Parent Club for 1 year (exception this year’s will be on until May 2009 (meets approximately 7 times)
* To pray consistently and specifically for the people and the programs of the YM.
* To understand, own, and support the purposes and foundations of SMACK & SnL.
* To attend quarterly meetings as scheduled.
* To function as a sounding board for the youth director as vision develops.
* To accurately represent the voice of families to the YM staff.
* To assist the YM staff in evaluating existing programs and activities and in providing guidance as new programs and activities are envisioned.
* To develop an awareness of the concerns parents may have about programs, activities and events of the YM.
* To communicate the ideas, wisdom, concerns, and perspectives of parents to the YM staff through the youth director.
* To communicate the purpose, strategies and concerns of the YM staff to parents whenever necessary, that is, to be an advocate for the staff and clarify misunderstanding should exist.
* To assist, as members are able, with special ministry projects when additional adult involvement is advantageous.
* To manage the Parent-to-Parent Partnership mentoring program by identifying potential mentoring parents and connecting them with parents desiring mentors.
Contact Dubbs for more information.